Important COVID-19 Coronavirus Response Update
The health and safety of all visitors to our campus is of utmost importance. At this time, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions has decided to postpone our admissions events. Please stay turned as we create new ways for students to connect with us.
In order to provide our future anchors with ample time to enroll at RIC, we have extended the $200 enrollment deposit deadline from May 1st, 盛世彩票ss555 to June 1st, 盛世彩票ss555. Until further notice, we will continue to review qualified applications on a rolling basis.
We thank you for your patience and continued interest in Rhode Island College盛世彩票登录.
- Public, comprehensive college located in the capital city of Providence
- Founded in 1854, first public institution in the state
- Average class size: 20
- Average honors class size: 15
- Student/faculty ratio: 14:1
- Enrollment (fall 2017): 7,080 Undergraduate; 1,094 Graduates; 70% Female, 30% Male, 33% students of color
- Undergraduate Degrees offered: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Social Work
- 328 full-time faculty, 89% of whom hold terminal degrees in their specialization
- Total undergraduate and graduate enrollment (Fall 2017): 8,174
- Alumni: over 64,000 in 50 states and many foreign countries.
- 180-acre campus in the suburbs of Providence
- One hour from Boston, three hours from New York
Courses of Study
- Nearly 90
majors and programs in five 盛世彩票s
- Approximately 50% of undergraduates are in professional programs like education, nursing, social work; the other 50% are in liberal arts or business
College盛世彩票登录 Honors Program designed for motivated, high-achieving students
- Options for student-designed majors as well as independent study
Learning Beyond the Classroom
- Students have the opportunity to participate in research while undergraduates. Faculty in biology, psychology, chemistry and physics represent just a few of the academic departments that strongly encourage undergraduate research.
- Clinicals in nursing, nuclear medicine and radiologic technology, field experience in social work, classroom observation, and student teaching in education provide students in professional programs with practical training to supplement and support classroom training.
- A well-established internship program in the School of Business has placed interns in over 50 leading companies ranging from Fidelity Investments to the New England Patriots. Internships are available in many other majors as well.
Broaden Your Horizons
Study Abroad opportunities are available for a semester, year, summer, or during the short January term. The choice of program and country盛世彩票ss555 depends upon the interests of the individual student. A faculty member in sociology serves as coordinator of an exchange program with PUCE University in Quito, Ecuador. The college is also affiliated with four study-abroad program providers.
Domestic study-away program: Rhode Island College盛世彩票登录 is a member of the National Student Exchange (NSE), a consortium of 200 public colleges and universities in the U.S., Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The program is open to sophomores and juniors who may exchange for a semester or year while still paying Rhode Island College盛世彩票登录 tuition.
programs are NCAA Division III with 12 varsity teams for women and 9 for men; member of the Little East Conference
- $10 million Murray Center with its 32,000 square-foot competitive wooden floor is the 盛世彩票 competition site for varsity programs in basketball, volleyball, gymnastics and wrestling, as well as a fully equipped varsity weight room, athletic medicine area, athletic training area, locker rooms and classrooms.
- Student-athlete academic support and life skills center
- Recently renovated Recreation Center which includes swimming pool, field house, cardiovascular and weight room
- Outdoor facilities include the baseball complex, softball field, tennis courts, outdoor track, and soccer field. Adjacent to the campus is a Donald Ross-designed golf course, 盛世彩票 to the college's golf teams.
- Approximately 300 students participate in varsity sports
Academic Resources and Technology
, voted through the Student Satisfaction Survey as #1 on campus for excellent in service, provides:
- About 80,000 square feet with seating capacity of 700
- Nearly 40 public access computers with printing capability
- 39 laptops for students use at the library
- Online access to 80 databases for scholarly article, videos, music and electronic journal articles
- Access to honors theses, dissertations and faculty publications
- Texting capabilities for asking questions and accessing the library resources through smart phones
Wireless access is available campus-wide, including residence halls and outdoors on the Quad. Campus technology highlights include:
- 2 open-access computer labs provide over 150 PC's and 16 Macs for student use
- 134 electronic classrooms, 9 e-seminar rooms, 15 e-labs, 5 e-auditoria
- Blackboard course management software used in nearly half of our undergraduate courses
- Microsoft Campus Agreement allows students to purchase Microsoft products such as Microsoft Office for just $15 with their RIC ID
- Microsoft hosts RIC student email including a 10GB mailbox
|New England Commission of Higher Education
|National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
|Council on Social Work Education
|National Association of Schools of Art and Design
|National Association of Schools of Music
|Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
|National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification
Rhode Island College盛世彩票登录 is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
NEASC Accreditation Letter - October 18, 2016
NEASC Accreditation 5th Year Report -
August 15, 2016
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the New England Association indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied though a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the New England Association is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the New England Association should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and College盛世彩票登录s
209 Burlington Road, Suite 201
Bedford, MA 01730-1433
- Rated 2nd safest college campus in New England
- RIC's School of Nursing ranked in the top 15% of all nursing programs in the US
- RIC's MSW program is the 8th most selective in the country盛世彩票ss555
- Intercollegiate athletics program ranked in the top 30% nation-wide
Fine and Performing Arts
- Roberts Hall and the Nazarian Center house three major performance venues: 943-seat auditorium, 422-seat concert hall and flexible black-box theatre with a maximum seating capacity of 200. The center also includes the Little Theatre for student productions, dance studio and a technical lighting classroom.
- RIC Theatre mounts several major productions annually, ranging from Shakespeare to Broadway musicals, along with productions by the Growing Stage Theatre, a student-directed performance group. There are concerts by the college's Chamber and Symphony Orchestras, Wind Ensemble, Chorus, Concert Jazz Band, and Dance 盛世彩票. Arts organizations are open to majors and non-majors.
- Bannister Gallery presents eight to ten exhibitions each year, featuring works by professional artists and students.
- ALEX AND ANI Hall, Rhode Island College盛世彩票登录’s newly renovated and expanded 52,600-square-foot art center, includes new state-of-the art studios, classrooms, offices, computer labs, presentation areas and outdoor work courts.
||This page contains content in PDF format. You must have the to view this content, to download it for free.